Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Welcome to our Wedding Blog!


Dear Family & Friends,

Welcome to our Wedding Site! Matt and I were engaged on 9/09/2009 - and have had a wonderful and busy year.

Chapter 1
~ The Proposal~

After 2 years of graduate school, and dozens of job applications sent in the mail - I was blessed with my dream job, that of a Kindergarten Teacher. Ever since I was in Elementary School, I longed for my own classroom, desk, bulletin boards, book shelves, and classroom of young learners. I was hired a week before the first day of school, and while the classroom set-up, new teacher orientations, and paper work were overwhelming and at times scary - I embraced it all with open arms. On Tuesday, September 8, 2009 - I packed my lunch, carefully chose the perfect first day of school outfit and went to bed early - anticipating a busy day ahead with 16, five year olds, which overtime would become a little classroom community and family.

Little to my knowledge, Matt was watching the minutes on our alarm clock slowly pass throughout the night. I remember chatting with Matt for a long time before I finally fell asleep, asking him endless questions about how he thought my first day of school would go. Matt had already kicked off his school year, as the world's best gym teacher - he truly loves his job! He has been teaching at the same school for many years and was well accustomed to the first week of school.

The hall light turned on, and my eyes opened to Matt slowly climbing out of bed. Matt and I have been together since we were sophomores at Endicott College (February 2001). For a long time, I had been dreaming of what our proposal would be like, what Matt would say, how I would react, would I cry, where would it take place...? All of my questions and hopes came down this very moment, as Matt opened the top right drawer of his bureau, and reached in for something. I quickly sat up in bed, and was smiling ear-to-ear with excitement. When I realized that is was midnight, I thought, is this really happening?! Matt was very sweet in the actual proposal, and of course I cried with joy, and stared at my beautiful ring all night long.

The following day, as I sat down to read my first Kindergarten class a story, a teacher came in with a dozen roses, that Matt had sent to the school. As I turned the pages to one of my favorite children's books, My Name is Yoon, by Helen Recorvits, I couldn't help but admire my new accessory and smile - feeling very blessed in that proud moment.


Come back often to join Matt and I on our journey of planning our wedding and to see the details of our special day unfold in the chapters ahead! Please note that this is a private website, and we trust that you will use discretion in sharing this with others.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for the big day! Great engagement story - so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Lisa, that looks great! I loved your story too, so well written! I'm so happy for you both and can't wait to see more details unfold for your wedding day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! You are so creative! I loved reading your engagement story. <3 Are you and Matt going to alternate blog posts ;) Can't wait to see what's next. I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete